In this episode, come join PodmanDan for an exclusive Soundseeing Tour of His Wheels International (HWI) and see firsthand, through audio, every corner of Alice’s workshop. PodmanDan begins at the street with Alice and they walk inside the HWI workshop and describe what happens inside HWI and even provide you with the backstory to what happens inside this incredible organization and ministry.
For links to HWI, photos, source credits and more, scroll down the page.
Also, in this episode, thanks to fellow journalist, Aubrey Smith, PodmanDan had an opportunity to sit down and talk with Founder and Executive Director of HWI, Alice Teisan. Listen to Alice share her inspiring and empowering story about HWI and her new memoir book Riding on Faith: Keeping Your Balance…When the Wheels Fall Off. You’ll learn firsthand as Alice shares with us about the mission and purpose of HWI; how HWI got started; why she started this nonprofit organization or ministry; how Alice came to write her book Riding on Faith; why she pursued Christian ministry full-time or what her plan for acquiring 100 bikes; a story from someone Alice has served through HWI; how HWI is able to build a hand-pedaled bike; how Alice and HWI helps people diagnosed with the “disabilities” label; how many countries does she serve; how do churches use bikes to reach their communities; Alice shares with us a brief overview of her book with all of you listeners; who is her book for and why should you read it; Alice’s final thoughts to you listeners; and listen for the 3-days you can get a free Kindle copy of this book and also listen for a 3-week giveaway how enter to win 1 of 5 signed copies of Alice’s book.
Final Song: ”Live to Give” by Michael James Mette
Send In your Feedback by calling our voicemail feedback line at +1-630-384-9137, or click the ”Send Voicemail” button to record your voicemail feedback from your computer; Email email@example.com, Add a Comment below, Review and Rate this podcast on iTunes, Join the conversation on our Facebook Page, Tweet us on Twitter, @SpecialCPodcast, or comment on our Google+ page, our Google+ Community Page.
Links in this episode:
- His Wheels International website
- Like His Wheels International on Facebook
- Follow @HisWheels on Twitter
- Riding on Faith: Keeping Your Balance When the Wheels Fall Off By Alice Teisan: Amazon via SQPN.com
- Photographs on Flickr from HIW Soundseeing Tour – Photographed By Aubrey Smith and Property of SpecialChronicles.com
- Support the Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunge 2013 benefiting Special Olympics at PlungeIllinois.com
- The Break with Fr. Roderick (Awesome podcast!!!)
- Courageous - Available Now on DVD & Blue-ray/DVD combo pack
- Take the r-word pledge at r-word.org
- Spread The Word Toolkit
- John C. McGinley PSA video Spread the Word to End the Word
- Spread the Word to End the Word: click here to see how YOU can Make a Difference
- Spread the Word to End the Word at RU-Dan’s Video featured at R-Word.org
- SCTV – Featured Videos related to Special Chronicles
- Podcast Feed on SpecialChronicles.com – listen/download archived episodes of the podcast
- Special Chronicles Community Blog–a blog for Podcast Listeners & Friends of SpecialChronicles.com to connect and share
- Special Chronicles Blog — SCBlog.SpecialChronicles.com – blog posts related to topics from the podcast or profiles
- SpecialChronicles.com News Blog – news related to Special Olympics, this podcast, and related topics
- Best Buddies
- Star Quest Production Network (SQPN) - Check out some more great podcasts on SQPN.com
- Podcast Theme music: ”Come On” by Ethan Neslun and Omorro Hogan
- Middle of podcast episode: ”Let It Snow” By Michael James Mette, Courtesy MichaelJamesMette.com
- Final Song: ”Live to Give” By Michael James Mette, Courtesy MichaelJamesMette.com
- Spread the Word to End the Word/Movie Background Music :Courtesy of Popple
This podcast was recorded on SCLive in front of a live ustream audience. You too can join the crowd and see and hear funny bloopers that don’t make the final cut that you hear, by going to http://live.specialchronicles.com. Just keep an eye out for a tweet or facebook update for when Dan will ustream next.
Sponsorship of this podcast is a gift from Holy Trinity Catholic School & Parish in Westmont, Ill. Thanks to them for their generous support of this podcast! The BlueHost Hosting is how the SpecialChronicles.com website and audio podcast is made available to you. For more information about our podcast sponsor, visit SpecialChronicles.com/Sponsors.
The Special Chronicles Podcast is licensed under a Creative Commons license. Click Here to read our podcasting license.
Extra Info: Episode Segments Start-End Times:
00:00-6:26 > Intro
6:27-34:42 > Exclusive Soundseeing Tour at His Wheels International
34:42-35:11 > Special Olympics Law Enforcement 2013 Polar Plunge Promo
35:31-36:25 > “Let It Snow” By Michael James Mette
36:25-1:06:48 > Interview with Alice Teisan
1:06:48-1:07:14 > The Break podcast promo with Fr. Roderick
1:07:14 > how to win Alice’s book- what 3 days kindle and what 3 weeks for chance to win free signed book;
1:13:25- Courageous DVD spot
1:13:40: Best Buddies spot
After 1:13:40: Thanks and Shout-outs to my mom Linda; Special Olympics; Joe Sales; Capt.jeff; Billy Newton; Thomas Peters; Jimmy Aiken; Fr. Roderick; Lisa Hendey; Sarah Reinhard.
[Total Episode Time: 1:20:13]
5 Signed Free Copies of Alice’s Book to Giveaway: You can win 1 signed copy.
Giveaway is from Sunday, December 23, 2012 Thru Monday, January 13, 2013